In the best interest of our community at this time, we will be suspending all programs at the masjid due to the current virus outbreak. The following are changes to the regular programming:
Sunday School: Students will be contacted by their teachers to continue their lessons online until further notice.
Dua Kumayl Program: The Thursday night dua kumayl program will be live streamed at 8pm on Thursday until further notice.
Also, in these challenging times, we ask all brothers and sisters to remain vigilant and increase the supplications to ease the hardships upon humanity. It is recommended to recite Ziyarat Ashura and Ayat al Kursi daily for protection from evils and illnesses.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and request you to please continue to exercise precaution in your day to day activities.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has standard recommendations for the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses. These include hand and respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based anti-bacterial hand rub or soap and water, this will kill the virus if it is on your hands.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough;
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider;
- Try to maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and other people who are coughing, sneezing and have a fever.
- When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
- The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.